If it seems you are always one step behind each challenge in your distribution center or warehouse operation and struggle anticipating issues for preventative action, you are not alone.
The elusive root cause of those everyday challenges unfortunately requires more time than most managers have for investigating. Digging down to the root of an issue can take a lot of time — until now.
The solution is knowing how to leverage technology to tell you what is wrong and how to solve it. You need to have the right telematic tools, but you also need to know how to use them to your advantage. It requires reports you can customize to be exactly what you need to get the job done, without searching through minutia.
What you need
There are 1 million lift-trucks in use in the United States, and less than 20% have telematics. About 52 percent of companies deploy some form of warehouse telematics, but not all systems support proactive measures. In fact, the wrong system can keep you in a pattern of reacting to challenges versus avoiding them.
If your enterprise lacks these advanced monitoring capabilities, you are missing the insight needed to easily determine why a challenge occurs.
Here’s what you need:
- One screen insight on all current KPI data
- Trouble areas highlighted in need of attention, and areas where operations are successful are checked off
- A pull-down menu that instantly accesses deeper insight into why a KPI is off target
- The ability to customize your menu options to fit exactly what is most useful to your business.
- An easy-to-use reporting platform
- The capability to gather all this data in real time from wherever you are
How to use it
Valuable time is lost to lengthy reports, filtering relevant data, collecting results, and making the connection to any KPIs.
- Be aware of any issues that can potentially turn into problems
Rethink how you gain this knowledge and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with a telematics platform that tells you where attention is needed, to quickly:
- determine if there are any trends
- uncover which issues are nearing a “red zone” and need immediate attention
- investigate who or what is behind each issue
- determine what action is needed to address each issue
- Proactively fix issues before they become time-consuming problems
- Your telematics system should determine how to fix your toughest challenges, telling you the root cause and how to address it effectively.
- A click of the mouse should reveal underlying charts and tables that show the root of the problem, providing an easier path to assessment for action and resolutions BEFORE issues get out of hand.
In a warehouse or DC operation, time is not usually on your side. Instant direction about what to do next is key to gaining control of tough challenges that arise. Making continuous adjustments, guided by data-driven insight, facilitates faster responses that address the root cause of any given issue.