The volume of information produced and sent over the internet is exponentially rising, which impacts how warehouse operators and manufacturers do business. In fact, the IoT is demanding a whole new kind of infrastructure.
Why? One of the challenges that accompanies this evolution in data delivery is slow bandwidths. In fact, the U.S. ranks 35th in the world in terms of bandwidth per user. Time is money when it comes to orders and shipments, so this challenge impacts your business.
The problem: Getting data in and out of the cloud relies on bandwidth, which is slow or limited.
- Mobile apps for smart phones and other devices have become the solution because they handle some of the data and processing power themselves.
- Fog computing through a telematics platform allows for better overall remote management.
Today’s telematics software can solve bandwidth issues, delivering greater detail in a simplified data-management functionality, all while protecting your information.
The IoT is undoubtedly increasing the demand for speed in your industry. Your solution is a flexible tool set designed to provide instant access anywhere, saving time and frustration.
- Reports configured on goals or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) essential to the operation
- Customizable dashboards, charts, and data assessments that present a real-time, self-service, exception-based, "single-pane-of-glass" graphical user interface.
- The ability to view what has happened in a facility the previous day, week, month or year, or that very day.
- A toolset that drives continuous improvement by managing KPIs/goals
Is your facility ready for the IoT and Big Data?
You hear IoT or “Big Data,” and you may think it translates to “difficult and time-consuming.” Studies show warehouse operators know the benefit of telematics insight, but they fear the data is too time-consuming to be helpful.
- The sooner data is analyzed after collection, the better, so the speed of cloud computing impacts efficiency.
- When making split-second decisions, easy-to-digest information matters. Managers are proactive rather than reactive.
- Devices capture streaming data from your fleet, which can prevent repair issues, improves warehouse safety by rerouting traffic, and optimizes production.
- Security is greater, since a data breach can be caught faster when analysis occurs near the source.
The latest in telematics software solves the growing challenges presented by the IoT and Big Data in the evolving warehouse and manufacturing industries. Customizable features support Lean management practices and deliver the information you need instantly —without bandwidth worries.