Warehouse facility management can feel a bit like trying to change a tire on a moving vehicle. With so much demanding your attention, how do you find time to decipher complicated data and reports? You don’t have to.
Your time should be focused on solutions, not drilling down through complicated data to get to the root causes. In fact, you probably realize that telematic data reporting software delivers value, but you avoid that unsorted information because you feel it is too complex. You’re not alone.
The good news? Recent advances in telematics systems have responded to those concerns.
- Data is now delivered wirelessly to the server software where advanced reporting and analytics tools go to work, compiling the most important information for you.
- Valuable time is saved time by obtaining this user-friendly big data, broken down into actionable information you can use.
- Once a problem is identified, you can quickly focus your time on a solution. This improves warehouse productivity and safety.
Instant answers at your fingertips
For example, here’s a few things digested telematic information could deliver:
- The breakdown of drivers’ times (log in to log out)
- Safety checklist, breakdown patterns, and maintenance schedules, including battery charging
- Time on and off the lift
- Job starts and completions
- All motion and times for forklift activities such as lift motion, idle time, etc.
Forklift safety and warehouse productivity benefits
Small inefficiencies add up. But, simple steps to improve things like routing or driving habits can change everything.
Telematics today allows you to:
- Monitor congestion in a row or intersection of the warehouse, and identify accident-prone areas
- Look at overall productivity of operators compared by shift, site, and region. Forklift drivers account for 70 to 80 percent of the hourly cost of operating a lift truck — targeting improvements or additional driver training saves time and money.
- Obtain detailed, documented reports and analysis of all impacts, so you can identify not only who, but the where, when and why
Today, the more big data you have, the greater the opportunities — no advanced analytical skills required.
User-friendly platforms offer:
- A customizable “dashboard” providing “at-a-glance” real-time, self-service insights into the health of fleet operations
- Interactive and easy-to-run reports which identify areas in need of action — such as improved driver training, labor reallocation, and slotting optimization
- Easy-to-use, real-time tracking that determines the best route for product movement
- Locationing that tracks each member of your fleet down to the square inch, giving you the ability to analyze accident patterns and take action to eliminate accident-prone areas
Don’t fear big data. Use it to meet company objectives and improve problem KPIs. Today’s telematics platforms, like TotalTrax SX/VX SX200, make reports simple to understand, so you can create improvement strategies that deliver results.