It used to work like this: If you were using telematics to diagnose issues with your forklift fleet, even state-of-the-art solutions demanded that you either had to be on site or leverage a tool remotely such as WebEx to emulate being there in person.
But the technology has evolved – and improved. A new offering packs the power of a small PC into the telematics platform on each truck.
The SX200 telematics platform was developed specifically for the material handling industry and features – among a host of other benefits – remote diagnostics and reboot capability as well as automated software updates to minimize unit and vehicle downtime. In other words, the new platform means remote service and maintenance personnel can tackle issues as if they were physically next to the trucks (old model) for all functions that require anything from lengthy work to a quick fix.
Dramatically simpler and more user friendly, the technology also introduces new service models like:
- Dealers or third parties could offer “Service as a Service” remotely, a thoroughly unique product.
- Service personnel located remotely are able to respond instantly to a service request and fix anything that can be done truck side, including rebooting the unit, shutting off features, downloading a new software update, etc.
- As a result of alerts, service personnel can begin to predict when preventive maintenance is necessary, cutting costs overall.
- The new platforms bring additional ways for maintenance personnel to quickly monitor an entire fleet and understand which trucks, operators, or a subset of both need attention. This is accomplished through the combination of real-time monitors and dynamic dashboards that pre-process events into a single pane of glass (red, green, yellow) and turn the worker’s attention to the biggest issues (red).
- Diagnostic capabilities are further enhanced by real-time monitoring of the truck battery. Alerts and dynamic dashboards again serve to avoid incorrect and destructive charging cycles and other ways to prolong the life of your forklift battery.
With SX 200 at work in your warehouse, it’s time to retire the wrench.