When it comes to product movement, tracking and documentation can ease the stress of meeting increased demands for supply chain transparency. But, the right solution may not always be clear to you. What system will deliver results now and several years from now?
No doubt, the pressure is on. The pharmaceutical industry, for example, is feeling increased demands from OSHA and the FDA's Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA), which calls for a system to electronically identify and trace specific drugs as they are moved through their supply chain and across the U.S.
The security act is multi-tiered, being implemented in phases and demanding all businesses in the pharmaceutical supply to be in compliance by 2023. This includes:
- wholesale distributors
The question is, how can the pharmaceutical industry, and others, take control of their product movement and ensure an exceptional level of supply chain management and transparency? Meticulous monitoring and recording every step of the material-handling process is the solution.
Creating transparency solutions with telematics
Naturally, shipment visibility was considered "critical" by 83 percent of survey respondents in a survey of Top Ten Global Health Supply Chain Issues.
Supply chain visibility goes beyond the warehouse or manufacturing center, allowing an enterprise to be able to provide traceability for products already fielded. It is no simple task.
The solution? A telematic monitoring and documentation platform that can thoroughly address all challenges, creating transparency of operations with:
- forklift access control
- equipment and operator tracking
- continuous inventory tracking down to the square foot
Fact is, regulation compliance is simply achieved with a system that monitors, tracks and documents everything for you.
For example, the right telematics system can:
- Work with existing product installation systems seamlessly, offering software and hardware designed for the specific needs of the material handling industry
- Be flexible and expandable with enhanced data management, reporting and analysis tools
- Deliver real-time monitoring that tracks each operator, forklift, and product inventory down to the square foot — even while in motion
- Facilitate improved driver behavior and accountability and require the use of automated OSHA checklists
- Include cloud hosting services, combined with a cellular connectivity option, which provides a cost-effective alternative, faster deployment without having to gain IT approval for Wi-Fi network access
- Deliver easy, cost-effective integration of new applications
Regulatory compliance is one of the top challenges many enterprises face today. Deploying a telematics platform that delivers meticulous documentation and tracking is the best solution to meeting all transparency requirements.