Tracking every moving part of your warehouse in an endless task. You probably have a Warehouse Management System (WMS), but is it doing the job you need it to do? If you’re constantly trouble shooting, it’s incomplete.
Many WMSs fall short of expectations and the demand for actionable information. They seem to leave you one step behind where you need to be. The solution? Software that supplements and supports your WMS and works with your current systems with ease.
Software that marries with your WMS
You don’t have to start from scratch. You just need better information and actionable reports — insight that tells you what is wrong and how to fix it. It does exist.
System integration (SI) is no longer a pain point to overcome. Today, telematics platforms can actually complement and increase the capabilities of your current management system. The two can work as one.
- Integration with ERP or LMS system assists with safe traffic management in the warehouse, determines product location, and determines the safest and most efficient forklift/operator to move the product.
- Integration with ERP systems can provide information for an employee’s personnel file. It The importance of written proof or a paper trail cannot be stressed enough when it comes to enforcing safety systems.
- Telematic data integrates with back-office or ERP systems to improve workflows and operational analysis in departments including accounting, customer service, operations, and human resources
Why add telematics software onto your system?
Daily challenges make it easy to lose sight of important objectives. Telematic data addresses this with insightful solutions, allowing users to design, build and control how work flows between applications.
- Harness data
- Telematics provides tools to link your proprietary databases and third-party software, giving you the flexibility to choose how you leverage your data.
- Deploy job tracking
- An optional job tracking feature allows operators to record the time they started and completed a job. So, job-tracking reports determine operational efficiency and trends.
- Leverage reports for time management and communication
- Monitor working patterns, manage overtime, control costs, and integrate with payroll and billing systems.
- Receive automated records of each driver’s productivity, working patterns, and overall fleet performance to identify cost-cutting opportunities.
- Reports are created efficiently, without manual paper timesheets.
- Integrate with current systems
- Job-tracking information can be integrated into ERP systems and customer systems with per-job related information, creating back-up data to support charges made to customers.
- Calculate the cost of labor per customer order through job-tracking data — linking vehicle and activity-management data to activity throughout the business.
- Data ensures employees are paid appropriately, even those paid by the job. Perfect for organizations with a heavy union presence.
The advantages of a telematics system goes far beyond optimizing your fleet. The smooth integration with ERP and your WMS provide detailed insights to better manage your workforce, operational efficiency and productivity.